Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday - Never Never by Brianna Shrum


Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.


This week's pick...


Never Never 

by Brianna Shrum

Expected publication: September 22nd 2015

by Spencer Hill Press



James Hook is a child who only wants to grow up. When he meets Peter Pan, a boy who loves to pretend and is intent on never becoming a man, James decides he could try being a child—at least briefly. James joins Peter Pan on a holiday to Neverland, a place of adventure created by children’s dreams, but Neverland is not for the faint of heart. Soon James finds himself longing for home, determined that he is destined to be a man. But Peter refuses to take him back, leaving James trapped in a world just beyond the one he loves. A world where children are to never grow up.

But grow up he does.
And thus begins the epic adventure of a Lost Boy and a Pirate.
This story isn’t about Peter Pan; it’s about the boy whose life he stole. It’s about a man in a world that hates men. It’s about the feared Captain James Hook and his passionate quest to kill the Pan, an impossible feat in a magical land where everyone loves Peter Pan. Except one.

Wow. This looks like an awesome retelling that turns Peter Pan on it's head!! What is Pan isn't all he's cracked up to be and Hook is merely trapped. I can't wait to get my hands on this. I am so grateful to Ashley @ The Quiet Concert for trading me her copy!! WOOO-HOOO! 

4 comments:

  1. Woah–I love Peter Pan (even though I haven’t read the classic... I’m a movie kinda girl, hehe :P) and this retelling sounds AWESOME. Can’t wait to read it! Great WoW pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I keep seeing this around and it sounds so good! What a great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my choice last week. I cannot wait to read this! Great pick! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This one definitely sounds good.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete