Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

18809475
The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher- Spencer Hill Press
Released- Feb 16th 2015
Purchase- Amazon / B & N

The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.
*This is a New Adult title and is intended for more mature readers*

My Thoughts:
Seth is back baby! And he's bigger, better and hotter then evah!!
I can not tell you how much I've missed being in this world again. The Covenant series is one of my ultimate escapes and I adored being in this universe again and meeting new characters and seeing old favorite faces. I admit, apart of me was a little nervous getting into this book since in the past I've tended not to favor spinoff books that don't feature the main protagonists and then there's the simple fact that I wasn't always a huge Seth fan. But given that he did redeem himself quite thoroughly by the end of the Covenant books, I was excited to see where JLA would take his story next. I don't know why I bothered being nervous when it comes to this women's books. JLA has once again delivered another kickass story that was action punched, hilarious and deliciously New Adult!

There is something that goes beyond great writing when it comes to one of JLA books. She never ceases to amazing me with her sharp writing skills, perfectly pitched voices and stunning world building. I've always adored the way JLA can bring mythology to life and I loved learning more about the Titans and the demigods who are destined to stop them from their vengeful plans. Also, the way it's written you could easily dive in this book and understand what's going on without having to read the Covenant books, but my advise to new readers is to start with the first series to get the full story on Seth. You'll get that front row feels to all the crazy that went down and see why Seth is the way he is.

I may not have been a huge Seth fan before, but dame if I am now! Seth has always been a more slap-able and less huggable kinda guy for me and while he is still very much slap-worthy, I can't deny this is the Seth that was always meant to be and what I've always been waiting for. At first I didn't really see a change, he's still dangerous and destructive with that cocky smile firmly plastered on his face, but we see a lot of regret and sadness throughout the story, especially when remembering Alex and I love the way he took care of Josie. So protective, wonderful and caring.
The minute I met Josie I knew we were going to get along. She's already such an amazing character that has a lot of spunk and fire. Between the Seth-swoon, learning about her true destiny and realizing her mother wasn't crazy after all, Josie took the news surprisingly well. I loved the revelations concerning her character. Who her father is, what she really is and how it hits a little to close to home. I'm already imagining and hoping to see some interactions in later books.

But if I'm being honest, it's the Sethie & Joe moments that really owned this book for me. Right from the start these two already have some seriously wicked chemistry. I love their banter, sarcasm and wit and the sexy times was indeed sexy as hell. They're good together, need each other and I'm glad that Josie doesn't have to do this alone and Seth finally found his salvation. It was also wonderful to see some old characters again, Luke and Deacon are still made of awesome and if it's possible I think I love Apollo even more. Dude still has the worst timing evah!  JLA warned us that we wouldn't see Alex and Aiden in this book but they were mentioned and remembered and in a way, they felt like they were still here. Lets hope they make an appearance soon.

Bottom line, This book was freaken awesome!! I loved it so much!! The Return is a welcoming new addition to this amazing universe. It's fresh, fun and fantastic. I'm already begging for more, more, more!!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                 5 Snowflakes

2 comments:

  1. You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions. Ibcbet

    ReplyDelete
  2. A must read, but that goes without saying…Gods, Titans and demigods…put one Apollyon in the mix and the perfect cocktail for paranormal romance lovers is ready!

    Mariz
    Great data for Auto Repair Kent Company

    ReplyDelete