Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review: The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

15768409
The Retribution of Mara Dyer 
by Michelle Hodkin
Publisher-Simon & Schuster 
Published- Nov 4th 2014
Purchase- Amazon / B & N


Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.There is.She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.She should.She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.She will now.Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.Retribution has arrived.

My Thoughts:
The Retribution of Mara Dyer is the epic, mind exploding conclusion to this highly anticipated series and so amazingly worth the long two year wait. This does not disappoint!

You know, I don't even know what to say. Apart of me wants to scream and jump around all over this review praising all the awesome that it is, but given this is the last book in the series- a book fans have been on hands and knees waiting for, I don't think I should spoil anything. But I will say that I'm in total awe of the brilliant way Hodkin turned this last hurrah. All those questions that have been burning since book two come together piece by agonizingly messed up piece, but in the best way possible. I can't tell you how liberating it was to finally get some hardcore answers as to what the hell was going on, but I loved that Hodkin did it at a leashed pace, bringing us closer till the moment when everything hits click. This book is a lot darker then I would have thought, more edgy and twisted. The things that are done aren't very pretty and even Mara isn't the same girl that we once knew. Her anger and hatred is at its max extreme and apart of me was rooting her on while the other part was scared she'd go to far. But leave it to Hodkin to find the perfect comedic balance to calm the mood or moment. Jamie, Stella and Daniel were amazing characters that had Mara's back. No matter what. And I love the back and forth banter and zingers that made me laugh out loud, which is saying something considering how intense this book really is. 
I'm not going to say anything about the romance or Noah since that would probably be the biggest spoiler, but I will say this; Fate and destiny plays a large part of this love story, but love can endure despite it.

Bottom line. This series is the best physiological thriller that I've ever read. It's crazy addicting and spins you into madness from the first book till it's epic freaken conclusion. Also, chapter 73? BEST chapter evah!!! My heart, my gawd, my heart!! Congrats to Michelle Hodkin for such an amazing series. It's been one helluva wicked ride and I greatly look forward to anything else you put to pen. Bravo!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                 5 Snowflakes

8 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG. Basically... I need to get this one ASAP. I thought I had pre-ordered months ago, apparently not O_O I loved the first book so much, and the drama ahhh, I need to read the second book. I'm so glad that this book did not disappoint! That five-star rating makes me happy ^_^ Excellent review!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I picked this up from the store the second I heard it was there. It's been a long wait and after that ending in book two I was dying to get my hands on the conclusion. I loved it! Hope you do too!:)

      Delete
  2. wow,, you are so luck .. i'm still waiting my copy to arrive .. lovely review .. happy you liked the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!:) Happy reading, I hope your book comes soon!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh!! I need my copy so bad!! LOVE the review!! And Chapter 73??? That just made me really excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, chapter 73 was indeed the best.thing.evah! I hope you feel the same lol Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I loved this book so much! I love it. I felt like I was waiting for forever and then I got it. It's definitely one of my favorite books of the year and I totally and wholeheartedly agree with your review!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay's!! So glad you loved it! I couldn't get over how amazing it was and I kept re-reading chapter 73 lol!

    ReplyDelete