Monday, January 16, 2012

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle


 

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle
Release Date: June 27, 2011

Summary from Goodreads:
Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate…until she dreams a future she can’t ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.


 My Thoughts:
I loved this book!  I needed something different and this is exactly what I was looking for. 

The plot is similar to the movie Final Destination but without all the ickyness and scare tactics.  I thought that the author did a wonderful job of incorporating new elements into the whole debate of if you know something bad is going to happen should you stop it or let nature take it’s course.  At one point I even questioned my own beliefs and that in my opinion makes the author a very talented woman as I am quite stubborn.

I loved the main characters Nara and Ethan.  These two are definitely in my top five favorite couples and I thought their connection was beyond breathtaking.  Of course Ethan has this whole bad boy who helps animals vibe going on and he has a tattoo that sounds very hawt.  All that combined into one gorgeous boy is very swoon worthy.  I really want to know what his new tattoo means!  Nara is just as awesome.  She is a bada$$ soccer goalie and she is fierce when it comes to protecting people.  The only that bothered me was that she was a little to forgiving of Lanie her best friend.  I thought Lanie should have had to jump through a few more hoops before Nara accepted her apology and I really wished we would have seen the awesome friendship between the two girls more.  I loved it in the beginning but when things happened and both girls started going their separate ways I missed it.  I don’t really understand why Lanie switched loyalties so quickly but I really hope that in the sequel Lanie and Nara are back as BFFs.

The way this book ended made me cry for more!  The whole showdown was amazing and at some point I have a feeling that I might have to resort to begging the author for a glimpse into the sequel.  The way the story is set up I just know that the sequel will be nothing short of amazing.  I don’t know how I will cope with the wait!  If you are looking for something that is amazing and completely different then please pick this book up! You will not regret it!


4 Snowflakes
Copy provided by author.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I get in book ruts. I feel like I've read the same thing time and again. So when I read the synopsis for Brightest Kind of Darkness, I was thrilled to have something new and intriguing to dig into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it!! It is very different and I hope it brings you out of your rut =)

      Delete
  2. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Click Here
    Udemy.com

    ReplyDelete