Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Rating: 5 Snowflakes


I absolutely Loved this book! It has all the right elements of a 5 star to me. The writing was unique but so fun. I haven’t laughed so hard reading a book in quite some time. Seriously, this is a MUST READ in my opinion. I’m not one to write or highlight my favorite parts, but I so would make the exception in this case because there are SO many funny parts! I think 90% of the book would be a glorified graffiti disaster when I was done with it. This was so original and smart. Unlike anything I have read before. Those Aussie authors sure know how to do it right!
Blurb:
It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.
His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.
Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls. But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.

Quotes:
~”I’m so close to meeting him, and I want it so bad. Mum says when wanting collides with getting, that’s the moment of truth. I want to collide. I want to run right into Shadow and let the force spill our thoughts so we can pick each other up and pass each other back like piles of shiny stones.”
~“Jazz looks at her chest. I pat her shoulder. Guys care about personality too.” “Girls like me started that rumor.”
~”Don’t get too excited, but I think that might be the guy of your toilet-wall dreams knocking at the door.” (The girls are in the bathroom which is referred to as “the cubicle of truth)
~”Wait, I know, it’s because you’re scared of him, you cockroach-eating-coward motherfucker.” (This scene had me rolling on the floor laughing!)
~"It's eighty-six degrees, and the city's going crazy. Would you help two guys push a pink van?"
~”The guy was a sheddy, one of the kids who spent a lot of time leaning against the back sheds skipping classes.”
~”That’s the way it is. Most people don’t know what they want till it’s right in front of their face.”

The characters in this book are nothing but AMAZING! The friendship between Lucy and Jazz, so fun and cute. The meetings in the bathrooms and the crazy conversations just had me rolling! I loved the fact that Lucy had this image of Shadow in her mind but finally came to realize that the person she was searching for was right there in front of her the whole time. She’s fun and feisty and can pack a mean punch…literally. Ed and Leo, just a perfect combination. Ed was so intriguing and the way he expresses his feelings and unwritten words through his graffiti art was beautiful by description. I couldn’t get enough of the descriptions and the memories associated with each piece. You truly could visualize the work of art he had created. Ed and Leo were like yin and yang. They complimented each other and were best of friends. It was such a cute friendship and a respectful one as well.

The secondary characters were so well written as well. It wouldn't have been the same without good'ol Malcomlm. Even though he's a bad guy, he sure did make me laugh. Oh my, is all I can say about that. Daisy and Dylan, well, they will crack you up. Those boys do some dumb stuff but really they have good hearts.

The girls wanted to celebrate by a late night out. It became that and so much more. They encountered an adventure like no other, I assure you. Have you been peirced with a compass? Didn't think so..
At first when I started this book I wasn’t so sure about it. But it didn’t take but a few pages in to figure out that I was going to love it. Overall this was a big hit in my eyes. I definitely would recommend this book!

4 comments:

  1. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

    Profile.ameba.jp
    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Ludomanistudier.dk
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete